Smart Horizons Career Online Education is a national leader in delivering affordable, career-based online education to students throughout the world. Founded in 2009 and located in Pensacola, Florida, Smart Horizons Career Online High School offers complete 18-credit, career-based high school diplomas, designed to prepare students for entrance into or advancement within the workplace.
Smart Horizons Career Online High School is committed to preparing students for entrance into the workplace by delivering high-quality, supportive, and career-based online education.
Our objectives are as follows:
- To offer working individuals or home-school students an affordable, flexible opportunity to learn at their own pace
- To prepare students for careers and employment based on employer-driven academic requirements
- To create a positive academic environment that facilitates all students reaching their maximum potential
- To be at the forefront of providing online, career-based academics in the United States
- To maintain a dedicated team of academic coaches and certified teachers
Smart Horizons Career Online Education
Smart Horizons Career Online High School (SHCOHS) is a division of Smart Horizons Career Online Education (SHCOE). SHCOE is a private school district that delivers affordable, career-based online education to students throughout the world. Students receive both an accredited, career-based online high school diploma and a career (credentialed) certificate in the fields of healthcare, early childhood education, transportation services, homeland security, protection services, and office management. The district’s first school, Smart Horizons Career Online High School, was launched in May 2010.
Student Support and Career Preparedness
What sets SHCOHS apart is our commitment to the following:
- Career Readiness: Enabling students to graduate with the ability to take the next step in their careers. In addition to a Diploma, students graduate from our program having earned a Career Certificate, taken required coursework, and prepared a Career Portfolio so they are actually equipped to pursue that next step. We offer extensive Career Development Support services.
- Support: Providing students with the academic, career, technical, and overall support needed to be successful in our program. We believe that "online" does not mean "alone," and we are there for our students when they need assistance or support.